Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DATE: April 28, 2014
TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

On Wednesday, April 30, 2014,
SB-296 by Senator Jeff Brandes will be heard on the Senate Floor. The Senate needs to substitute the House bill, HB-209 and pass it without amendments.

SB-296 Mandatory Evacuation is the Senate version of HB-209 that has been under constant attack by the Florida Sheriffs Association and continues to be under attack in the Senate.

The bill was under attack in Senate Community Affairs Committee and Senator Darren Soto (D-Kissimmee) succeeded in passing an amendment for the Florida Sheriffs Association to strip out essential language.

Klik on this link to read the entire alert:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...-still-attacking-second-amendment-rights.aspx

THIS IS CRITICAL!!!! PLEASE, YOU MUST ACT NOW

Please e-mail these Senate members IMMEDIATELY and ask them to SUPPORT and Pass HB-209 with NO AMENDMENTS

IN THE SUBJECT LINE PUT: TAKE UP & PASS HB-209 With NO AMENDMENTS

(To send your message to all just Block and Copy All email addresses into the "Send To" box)

[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doubt they want to hear from a Texian, so shall keep schtum on this.
I grew up in East Texas too, Clyde... And, even tho I now live in Florida, I doubt that the politicians want to hear from me any more than they want to hear from you...

So, even tho I am convinced that our politicians will ignore my attempts to sway their vote on matters that concern me, I keep sending them messages, if for no other reason than to annoy them...

In this instance, I am particularly annoyed 'cause the "florida sheriff's association" loudly proclaims to the public that they support the 2nd Amendment, but when testifying in legislative hearings talk out of the other side of their mouth.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,340 Posts
Scumbag RINO Latvala got the bill amended to death. We need to get him and our incompetent, nepotistic sheriff, Gaultieri, out of office.

I do have to admit I really didn't like the wording and the very limited coverage of the bill, further limited by the killing amendment and I think the drafters could have done a lot better and generated a lot less resistance.

Otherwise the legislature looks like its passing pretty much all of the RKBA list.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,482 Posts
I grew up in East Texas too, Clyde... And, even tho I now live in Florida, I doubt that the politicians want to hear from me any more than they want to hear from you...

So, even tho I am convinced that our politicians will ignore my attempts to sway their vote on matters that concern me, I keep sending them messages, if for no other reason than to annoy them...

In this instance, I am particularly annoyed 'cause the "florida sheriff's association" loudly proclaims to the public that they support the 2nd Amendment, but when testifying in legislative hearings talk out of the other side of their mouth.
Well, no. They probably don't want to hear from you. BUT - you are a Florida resident and (at least potentially, presume in fact) a voter. Whereas, i vote, but not in Florida. So you can and should tell them how you feel, while it is pretty pointless for me to do that. I do, however, tell my local elected officials what my views are and expect them to at least PRETEND to listen...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scumbag RINO Latvala got the bill amended to death. We need to get him and our incompetent, nepotistic sheriff, Gaultieri, out of office.
No surprise here... Being a former resident of Largo, I fully expected latvala to help the anti-2nd Amendment "florida sheriffs association" to either defeat the bill or amend it to death...

Actually, we need to make a concerted effort to "un-elect" all of these anti 2nd Amendment politicians and all Florida sheriffs that support the anti 2nd Amendment "florida sheriffs association"...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you are a Florida resident and (at least potentially, presume in fact) a voter.
Yep Clyde... I vote, and I don't mince words when writing or talking to politicians...

I have "run into" the local sheriff two times at the supermarket, and told him, in no uncertain terms, what I think about his support of the "florida sheriff's association"... Now, when he sees me heading his way, he does an about-face and heads in the opposite direction...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts