Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share this photo of the Blue Angels doing a fly-by over SF Bay. Ok, ok...so it does not have much to do with Japanese weapons so I included a pic of the USS Pompanito (WWII sub that rescued Aussie and British POW's after their "Hellship" was torpedoed in the SW Pacific) to make this post legit.

-Eric

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,323 Posts
I've always meant to take the tour of the Pompanito, but just to spend the day in SF is so expensive most of the time that I never end up doing it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's well worth the visit. There's also a Liberty ship parked right behind the sub and Fisherman's Wharf nearby. The cost to see the sub is not that steep.

-Eric

·
Registered
486 Posts
I toured the Pompanito about 10 years ago. A very well preserved sub. It was quite an experience. ANother great sub to tour is the one in Pearl Harbor right next to the ARIZONA visitors center. Cannot remember the name of the sub, but it is pristine inside. Looks like its ready to sail right on out it so well preserved. There also is a Kaiten kamikaze sub on display there also.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I toured the Pompanito about 10 years ago. A very well preserved sub. It was quite an experience. ANother great sub to tour is the one in Pearl Harbor right next to the ARIZONA visitors center. Cannot remember the name of the sub, but it is pristine inside. Looks like its ready to sail right on out it so well preserved. There also is a Kaiten kamikaze sub on display there also.
That's the Bowfin. Another beauty with a storied history!

-Eric

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
One of the benefits of living here in the Florida Panhandle is that NAS Pensacola is the home of the Blues. Many of you may not know this, but this year there was a loud out cry from many in the bay area not to allow the Blues to perform this year. You can guess the many reasons, waste of fuel, pollution, flight danger, noise, you name it they tried it. Well as you can see from the first posting the Blues did perform and to the delight of everyone who watched them, that is of course except for those who didn't get their way.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yes, Chris Daly, one of the S.F. stupidvisors was at the forefront of the effort to block them from flying. He is simply anti-military, as most of them are. Even Feinstein chimed in about this BS (if I understand correctly, it was she that was instrumental in bringing fleet week to S.F.!) as she was none to happy about the ridculousness of the city. Really a shame what S.F. has become.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello Dieter :
Well said !, not only S.F. but the entire political, social, mental outlook of the State is anti-American. These folks from the State Senators down to the county / city knuckleheads are against the rights of individuals, want to disarm everyone but the elite, they stand for big-brother goverment, taxation till one is dry.
Is it any wonder that if you stand for the USA you must leave this state in order to find it be you an individual or a business. There is little of the great industrial basin left, all you find are service connected industries, people still flock in looking for the social / goverment handouts. Sad " state " of affairs.
Vicasoto

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
Don't even think that Feinstein is anywhere close to being a "decent" American. She is as commie as the dirt-bag Daly. Feinstein has consistently been attempting to pass new gun ban laws since histroy began, and of course Daly was responsible of drafting that San Fran pistol ban that the liberal commie brainwashed citizens of SF voted for, and thank god the NRA sued it to oblivion.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't even think that Feinstein is anywhere close to being a "decent" American. She is as commie as the dirt-bag Daly. Feinstein has consistently been attempting to pass new gun ban laws since histroy began, and of course Daly was responsible of drafting that San Fran pistol ban that the liberal commie brainwashed citizens of SF voted for, and thank god the NRA sued it to oblivion.
I read somewhere that Feinstein is an avid collector of Japanese weapons. I even heard that she owns a few knee mortars and T99's!

LOL, Eric

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
T-99s as in the LMG ?? If so, we should elect her as Pres.

Eric, I'll get back to you later today on the round sketch photo you asked for.

·
Registered
851 Posts
No, I wasn't implying she was decent. She's really quite the hypocrite. That's why I was surprised (and glad) that she stood up for this issue. She is anti-gun for sure, but I wouldn't write her off as totally anti-American. The city??? Well, the voting majority, YES. They are a lost cause in my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts