Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share some pics of this Japanese rifle I piked up today at the local flea market. I know little about it other than Kokura Arsenal.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one more pic...

The rifle is interesting..the bore is rifled. I forgot to upload full view.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
Pretty much what you expect to see on a school rifle; mum canceled with concentric rings, Bun mark added, along with the two 'o's before the serial number.

The marking/disc on the butt stock is probably the school's rack number.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty much what you expect to see on a school rifle; mum canceled with concentric rings, Bun mark added, along with the two 'o's before the serial number.

The marking/disc on the butt stock is probably the school's rack number.
Thanks...I knew about the concentric rings..I figured the rifle was worth $175. What does the character mean that is over stamped..I saw it on a data sheet .

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information. I was going on the data sheets and the arsenal marking designation was "Tokyo/Kokura". I am assuming that these school rifles were taken by occupation troops who were on the Japanese islands.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
It is believed that many school rifles were recalled and issued to regular troops; many have been found in the occupied islands, esp. the Philippines.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is believed that many school rifles were recalled and issued to regular troops; many have been found in the occupied islands, esp. the Philippines.
Thank you for that bit of info..this one appears to be a functional rifle and would be an improvement on the last ditch versions..the rear sight goes to 2400.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts