Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this bayo at the flea market and it fits my 98 but the only markings are 2 different #sn Any Ideas as to what it is? Thanks c

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mauser I tried it on was turk I was not aware they were different. Lucky me now has a bayo for my TURK MAUSER. Thanks for the help. c

·
Registered
658 Posts
Can't have too many bayonets! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you give for it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He wanted $10 I offered $5 and he seemed glad to get it,I didnt want to go home empty handed so all worked out. c

·
Registered
658 Posts
He wanted $10 I offered $5 and he seemed glad to get it,I didnt want to go home empty handed so all worked out. c
Holy cow! Can't go wrong with that.

·
Super Moderator
9,219 Posts
Mauser bayonet

You have a M1903/30 Bayonet (some say M1903/35, but who's to quibble...it fits all the standard "Turk" 1930s Mausers.

It is made from an original M1903 Short Blade and hilt ( fullers complete, not a "cut off" longer blade), and the cross bar has had the quillon removed (Orig. M1903 have a slightly hooked quillon similar to thje South American export Mauser Bayonets.

The Cross bar has then been cross riveted in place, with highly visible rivets.

Scabbard could be original M1903 , or 1930s replacement. (check for Turkish script marks anywhere to date the item (Turkish script, pre-1928, i.e, original contract of 1903 etc.---no script, either completely scrubbed, or "new made "post 1928.(More than likely "scrubbed").

Regards, Doc AV
AV Ballistics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts