Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got got an unissued stock set for my cai stamped cetme and having fitting issues. I cant seem to get the forward handguard screw to line up and the pin hole dont quite line up now with the rear stock. any suggestions? I thinking sanding the buttstock a little because there is a slight metal to wood gap.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, finally got it. I had to hammer the upperguard handguard on with a rubber mallet to bend the metal enough to get the screw to line up, then sanded the inside buttstock so I get the pin holes to line up. Everything Back together!!! Last project I am building the courage to do is replace the noisemaker at the end of the barrel with the original flash hider. Is there any way to tell if the original threads are under there with out removing the noisemaker? I know on some they cut the originals off, Can you tell by measuring the barrel?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have Benn told (and seen pics.) it is pinned from the bottom side and then the pin was welded in place . If you grind on the bottom you will be able to grind through the weld and the pin will fall out . Good luck I have yet to do mine , 922 problems . But I do have one refinished and ready to go .

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Hi Guys,

Cannot post new message some type of computer problem with this section of the board.

I'm also (TRYING) fitting a wood stock on a Century Cetme. Sadly, I have a few questions

I bought the parts from Centerfire - very nice!

Problem SOLVED! It is amazing what you can do if you study the problem & match a few dimentions!

I had to slightly bend two areas on the new German sheet metal. It fits BETTER than the Century unit now!

Best to all, point6

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Hi All,

One more question! I switched the larger charging rod bushing on the German stock & installed the original smaller Cetme bushing. Assembled the rifle & checked for proper operation. It works as before.

I have tried the rifle out with a few primed cases. It fires the cases & ejects well.
Is there anything else I have to check before firing it with real ammo?

Possiable PROBLEM? A guy on another board that seems to know Cetmes scared me.
He talked about cutting bolts shorter & grinding buffers. I thing that is only when you mix German & Spanish parts.

According to Centerfire Systems none of that apply, if I used the whole German metal & wood stock unit. The CFS tech said it the rifle functions & fires a primed case I'm OK.... He said the rifle would not operate if anything was wrong. That fellow Robert that sell Cetme parts shows a interchange chart that said I'm OK too.

i don't want to ruin the rifle or hurt my self.
Any help is welcome.

Thanks, point6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts