Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Long time lurker, first time actually posting. I recently picked up a gorgeous little Swedish honey named Gustafs. Took her to the range last Saturday and it was love at first bang. She quickly became my favorite rifle in the rack. I do believe this November I'll be leaving the Savage at home and taking the Swede deer hunting.

Enough gushing. I guess what I have is an M96B because of the threaded muzzle.

So, what I'm wondering is will a bayonet fit on a threaded muzzle? I thought about getting one eventually but didn't want to spend the money if it wasn't going to fit. I searched around thinking this question had surely been asked but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Without a thread protector, the bayonet will rattle around a bit but it will fit. There are at least two types of thread protectors that I am aware of: The military-issued nylon protector and an after-market metal protector. Samco is offering the metal protectors on this site: http://www.samcoglobal.com/access.html ; and Kebco LLC (http://www.kebcollc.com/) might have the nylon protectors but Ken's site is currently under construction so I couldn't check to be sure.

Good luck hunting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it will fit over the thread protector? Great! I've got one of those, along with an aftermarket flash hider (they came with it).

Thanks!

·
Silver Bullet member
1,092 Posts
I had a bayonet that would not fit over the flash hider but would fit over the thread protector. I had to work a little on the bayonet for it to work. I am not sure which was the problem, the bayonet or the flash hider. Think the bayonet muzzle ring might have been slightly out of round.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Went to a pawn shop know for its high price. Found a M96 bayonet with AG42 style frog. Good shape but nothing special. Guess the asking price? 69.99!!! I must have a dumb Axx look on my face for them to ask this kind of price.

I ran out there real fast. Down the street, MGS have M96 bayo for 19.99

·
Registered
254 Posts
"AG42 style" frog?

Perhaps this is new to me. What exactly is an "AG42 style" frog? It is my understanding that the AG42/AG42b was designed for and used a m/96 bayonet and frog. Was a different frog issued with the AG42/AG42b?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heh. Well, you never know when you might have to go close quarter combat with an angry buck.

Actually, the bayo would be just for fun. No reason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts