Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Swedish Lahti a few years ago, but never got around to really handling it and shooting it until yesterday. Boy. what an awesome pistol to shoot! I have a Luger and 3 P-38's and the Lahti (to me) is more enjoyable to shoot AND more accurate. I shot free-hand from 25 yards and was on the target (7 ring or better) with virtually all of my shots. I have never had that kind of success, at that distance, with any other military surplus pistol that I was shooting for the first time. I liked the sights and the fact that the gun is big & heavy made the recoil very mild. About the only gripe that I had was that the magazine was more difficult to load than it's contemporaries. That being said, I was shooting some cheap Blazer 9mm and did not have any FTF/FTE, so the heavy magazine spring was probably a good thing. I'm only sorry that it took me so long to shoot this gun. I'm already planning my next trip to the range with it!

What is everyone else's experiences with this pistol versus other 9mm WWII-era pistols? Anyone else feel the same way as me?

P.S. My pistol is Danish Police marked, with a lightly-stamped import mark (see picture).

Mike

Attachments

·
Copper Bullet member
9,814 Posts
I love mine. They were issued with a rectangular mag loading tool. See if you can find one.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,221 Posts
Mine is one of my favorites. The only one that might challenge it for accuracy and ease of shooting is my Radom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.