Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its taken awhile but i finally got a few minutes to take some pictures of the first gun my father let me purchase with his new C&R license back in mid July. The rifle is a 1934 "Hex" Ishevsk M91/30 and was purchased from J&G Sales. The rifle is all stamped matching and it appears that all parts minus the stock are original to the rifle. The gun came lightly oiled but thankfully was not caked in cosmoline so it cleaned up rather nicely. Other than some very minor pitting on the rear sight leaf, it is in excellent condition with a pristine bore. Overall nothing too special but I am very happy with it and look forward to grabbing more Mosins in the future.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments guys. The shelf itself holds a great deal of sentimental value to me as it was built many years ago by my grandfather who served in the PTO in WWII. The items on the top excluding the post-war M1 helmet belonged to him in the service. Not pictured are several (I mean tons lol) pictures and documents which he has given me and which I have received from my other grandparents that belonged to my great-grandfather who fought in France and Germany. The K98 bayonet, HJ Knife, and SA Dagger were all brought back by my great-grandfather. At the young age of 16, I am fortunate that I have been able to acquire these pieces, many of which have been in my family since WWII.

·
Registered
480 Posts
brass endcaps on the handguard... even better

you'll never forget your first milsurp or your first purchase with the C&R... (for some both are the same)

·
Copper Bullet member
1,379 Posts
Nice looking display.
My first C & R was a 91/30 very similar to yours. Now, almost two later, I have 3 safes full.
All of my MNs like Hung and Russian light ball.
You're on the right road to a great collection.
riflemanone

·
Diamond Member
5,749 Posts
great looking display! Hang on to those pieces given to you by your relatives as they are priceless. Thanks for the pics. Denny

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've said it before (to my wife :mad: who complains), that buying Mosin-Nagants, is like eating potato chips. You can't stop with only 1, 2, 3, 4, errrrr a full bag or more, :eek::rolleyes:

You get the picture! :rolleyes:

Chuck
It is very true that this Mosin is dying to marry a purty M38 and have an M44 with it. Fortunately, he understands that large sums of money ($600 bucks to be exact) are needed to buy a Service Grade M1 Garand from the CMP and that there is an open spot on the wall mounted shelf above the display for this king of the collection. He also realizes that an SVT-40 and maybe a Saiga AK conversion may be in his future if he is good so he is content right now. The only issue the collection has had lately is that the German items are very bitter towards their Allied counterparts seeing as how their original owners may no longer be with us. The K98 and the Mosin barely tolerate each other, thus they must be placed on separate shelves. Hehe. Milsurps are so fun!

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,531 Posts
Hmmmm....red rear site numbers, brass caps on the hand guard. There wouldn't happen to be a 25 in triangle on the barrel would there?

View attachment 6075

Ahhh...the first purchase! Heed the warning below!:D

Gary

·
Gold Bullet member
550 Posts
Just the start of the depletion of your bank account !!! Congratulations !!

My first was a 91/30.

regards....roger

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,531 Posts
Yes there does happen to be a 25 in a triangle lightly struck on the barrel. Any significance to this?
To be quite honest, I have no idea. I have two 91/30's with the red stuff, both marked with the 25 in triangle. Others have posted similar 91/30's. All of my so marked 91/30's and carbines are in great condition as well.

Gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts