Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Congrats...this is much more intuitive. Faster and more pleasing to the eye.

So here goes first post on new boards. Wanted to test picture posting, features etc. Enjoy. This was also a recent pick-up in a largrer collection I acquired. She's about as pristine as they get, still cosmo coating most of it.

Question: So there's a picture limit? Will this be lifted after implementation settles in?

RP

·
Silver Bullet member
798 Posts
WOW!!!!That is one gorgeous Mauser.The stock is absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Your Venzy

They just don't get any better! Congrats!

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
That's just not RIGHT, matching bayo, mint sling and a pre-war too!
Probably not gonna sporter that one any time soon...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have scope mounts, flash hider, harris bi-pod and real-tree tape. Hope to fix her up before the winter. Might grind the bayo down so it's balanced for throwing...................
......................................................................................................................
....................................................LOL!!!..........................................................

·
Gold Bullet member
170 Posts
Venezuelan ~

Wow RP that's one of the prettiest I have ever seen.
Where did you find such a pristine rifle?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was in a private collection for many many years. I was lucky enough to cherry pick it before the last of his collection vanished. Thanks for the comments.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
Vennie

I've got one that my Dad bought back in the 1970s for $50.

Unfortunately (I guess; it was before they became "collectible") he scoped it and turned the bolt handle down. I managed to splice and glue the forward forestock back on pretty well; I caught him before he reshaped it.

That's my Daughter with it about 10 years ago.

These Vennies are definitely shooters!

You may do better with good handloads than factory ammo.
Mine seems to like the 150 gr. Nosler Ballistic tips and Accurate Arms 2460. Ball C-2 works well, too. Note the OAL of 3-3/32", which seems to be about optimum in the Vennie 24/30.

Those 2 "fliers" high and left of the 3-shot cluster are probably my fault.

If you're quick, you might be able to access this topic on the old board before it goes down for good:

http://old.gunboards.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=240211

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Thats the cleanist 24/30 rifle I have ever seen. I had one years ago, wish I had never sold it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts