Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. If you had just 200.00 sitting around to purchase your first Mosin-Nagant; what would you pick?

·
Gold Bullet member
11,324 Posts
M39...

Or maybe a 91/30 and a M38 or M44.

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
M91, I would try to find one with a very nice bore.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
+1 M39. And if you find one for under the $200, that's a good deal!

otherwise, find a unique 91/30 such as a triple dated MO or Tula ex-sniper, for example.
A Tula M44 would be a nice find, or buy two mosins for under $100 each!

T

·
Diamond+ Bullet Member
1,635 Posts
All great suggestions!

realistically... your best bet is likely and M91/30 or an M44 from a gun shop...I f you have a bud with an FFl and live in the lower 48.. get one of each...

Maybe get lucky and score a Finn Tikka barreled 91/30....... but I wouldn't hold my breath lol......

Or buy one Mosin and a spam can of ammo! that should get you in the $200 range or less

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
M91. After all, it's what I got! :D

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
My first Mosin was a new polish 44,I have yet to see a nicer Mosin (quality wise).It woud still I feel be a good place to start.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Since the days of the 200.00 M-39 are all but gone an Ex Dragoon would be my pick.Re-arsenaled Ex Dragoons with very good bores can be had for much less than 200.00. I imagine in the near future dealers will begin segregating these and charging a premium. IO already has but the prices are very reasonable.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just as an FYI I have both a Ex sniper and an Ex dragoon for sale on the trader right now....

And each one is well under $200....

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Check out Dennis Kroh. Is it Empire Arms? Our sponsor. They just released their last lot of M-39's for around that. NICE looking blondes in the pics that I saw.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Very poor form IMO.

Maybe I'm a jerk, but why is that bad form? I forget to look in the trader, alot, and little reminders like that, are goodies to me. Not to be a jerk, but I would have thought that the original poster might find that very helpful in his decision-making process.

I am not all the experienced in internet trading/ettiquitte (spelling?) and am asking for that reason. Is it really considered rude to tell him that? Seriously. I have done it, myself, and didn't think that I was doing anything wrong. Maybe that was why I never got a response about possibly selling an ex-sniper that I messaged someone about last week, when he said he had a scope and was looking for a rifle to go with it. ???

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
WTS postings are not allowed on the Collector Forum. It's clearly stated in the rules which are in the sticky post above. In fact, it's rule #1.

1)No Wanted To Buy (WTB) Wanted To Sell (WTS) Or Wanted To Trade (WTT) Ads Are Allowed. Use the Gunboards.com Trader for such postings.

Inserting it into a thread in an attempt to circumvent the rules is even worse IMO. He didn't even make an attempt to disguise it by adding anything worthwhile to the thread.

A private message or e-mail to the poster is another matter altogether.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Then that is what I should have done...

I did not in any way try to circumvent the rules, and I am sorry for anyone that I offended by doing so.

The reason I did not add anything to the question at hand is it could be construde that I was building up my own sale, I thought it better to just point out what others had stated.

·
Registered
435 Posts
A nice 91/30 with a decent bore and maybe a SA stamp would be my choice, with money left over for some ammo. Best of luck.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,801 Posts
With a $200 limit, you would only be able to get an M39 if you were really lucky, around my area.

Next choice, for me, would be a Finn'd M91 or M91/30. An M91 would be right around $200. A Finn'd M91/30 a bit less.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts