Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first M1 Carbine. Don’t know much about them so looking for a general run down of the details on this rifle if anyone would be so kind. I asked a friend who is knowledgeable about these to see if it was at least all original US parts and he said it looks good so I’m confident about that. Here are some pics. Let me know if you need more.

Im only $350 in this rifle and accessories. Paid $160 for 800 rounds of .30 carbine(some WW2 dated Ammo in here too). I think I did pretty well without knowing all the specifics(Arsenal updates and such on the rifle).

Thanks for any info!!!

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
13,119 Posts
Super deal! Congrats!

Reactions: daveccarlson

·
Gold Bullet member
1,654 Posts
It looks like your type 5 replacement stock was made by Marlin ( M in the sling cut out), during WW2 they made stocks for IBM though not the type 5. Very nice pick up!

Chuck.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could I see a picture of the reciever where it is marked M1? On the hand stamped Inlands the 1 was stamped by hand so it is off center. Here's mine.
Here’s a pic. Does not appear to be a hand stamp. Also cannot locate an import mark. Really happy with this pick up! Bore is excellent too!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.