Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing my rounds at the local pawn shops and came across an m39. I noticed the stock splice from afar and decided to take a look at it.

All the numbers I see are matching, kind of a cool serial number ending in 2345.

I know very little about these and Bought it on a whim. The bore is a mirror!

It's rainy out so pictures are not the best.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,676 Posts
And so it begins. Finn fever has struck. You will never recover.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

Yall did it to me, reading about all these Finn rifles on the forum. I have never run across one until yesterday and the stocks are too beautiful to pass up.

I am working on a mosin nagant crate table to display my rifles and this one will look GREAT in there.

I am interested in your opinion as towards the value of it. Is it worth adding to my insurance?

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,676 Posts
I have been tracking some auctions do for a while just for fun. M39' s like yours can bring $450 including shipping at times or more but it all depends on the individual auction.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had good luck in pawn shops with k98s. I see a lot of mosins, but always run of the mill stuff. I have not had much luck pistol wise. I would LOVE to find a German Hipower at one, but this is going to take time.

They knew this was a m39 and valuable buy I got it for a reasonable price. The best shot at these shops is when they have no idea what they have.

The rifle is a 43 yes. Here are a few more pictures!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
When you get one that pretty as your first, it will be your financial ruin. A few months ago I had none. Now there are 33 and counting. Every one is my last for a while....Yeah right.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The stock is wartime according to my research on mosinnagant.net.

The beauty and the splice are EXACTLY what drew my eye to it in the corner.

I'm glad you guys are interested in it because my family is sick of hearing about it!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
This is fun. Reminds me of a few months ago when Spax, Sgt Lamb, and Clayshooter2 warned me. I laughed at them...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.