Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking around for a Lee Enfield for some time now and finally found one yesterday when i least expected, and of course i bought it. Those rifles are few and far between here and usually hard to get.
The rifle turned out to be an Savage build, lend and lease and seems to be in great shape, except the blueing is a bit faded.
There are no year mark on it, but i read somewere that Savage made those Enfields between 1941 and 43. Is there any way to find out ??
I would apriciate if someone could give me some info on this gun.

ps. hope the pics work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just know, you have been playing with it all day!

Diego

Yes i have......And my Mosins are getting jealous
It needed a bit of a cleaning....and more cleaning...and..and....a bit more cleaning....

·
Gold Bullet member
11,526 Posts
Hi. Welcome to our addiction.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Addiction is right...hey at least it's cheaper than crack...though the ammo isn't...dang it, well I guess it's too late to take up crack since I don't have any money left...I spent it all on .303 rounds and little sheets of paper with circles on them.

Congrats on the find by the way, where did you stubble across yours?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the find by the way, where did you stubble across yours?
I went to (now my favourite) gunshop in Reykjavik to buy some ammo, and the first thing i saw when i opened the door was this lonly Enfield in the gunrack shouting at me !!!
They got three of them and this was the only one left so I found it to be my duty to bring it home with me.

The worst thing was that i had to leave a blond K31 and some "semy Bubbaed" Mausers behind..... But I´ll get them later........

·
Registered
172 Posts
Savage stopped dating rifles about mid-way into 1943.
The serial number could help tell us what year , what are the numbers before the C ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Savage stopped dating rifles about mid-way into 1943.
The serial number could help tell us what year , what are the numbers before the C ?

The number is 84C82xx

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vent to the renge yesterday and the Savage turned out to be far beond expected :)
Everything worked great and it was unbelivebly accurate. It is by far the best and most stable gun i have ever shoot from standing pos. without support.
This is one more proof that you find the best guns when you least expect it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts