Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought that the metallic "firing pin washers" in the stock were riveted in place. Am I right that one side was drilled, the old washers disposed off and replaced by new ones (if ever that would be necessary of course)?

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you chasdev, I thought so because I remembered an example that gave that (wrong, so it seems) riveted impression.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there an idiot's primer "how-to" someplace for this procedure. I am considering a Boyd's repro stock to replace a cracked one, but that is the one part I can't figure out.
Surely, there is a tool or expedient method for removing and replacing the stock disc.
Also, anybody know where to find a tool to remove the crossbolt in the stock?

·
Registered
442 Posts
"Firing pin washers"

Brownells sells a tool for removing the cross bolt nut. Before I bought one I took an old pair of needle nose pliers and ground them round on each jaw until they fit in the holes. They actually worked as well as the new tool.
Joe

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I always thought that the metallic "firing pin washers" in the stock were riveted in place. Am I right that one side was drilled, the old washers disposed off and replaced by new ones (if ever that would be necessary of course)?

Are you referring to the cross bolt (also called recoil lug) or the takedown disk?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts