Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I just wanted to let everyone know the Sig Sauer 556 is a winner in my book!! - It gulps down all ammo fed to it w/o a hiccup. And if it does get a little clogged up (after hundreds of rounds of wolf ammo) a simple two second twist of the gas adjustment keeps it going strong for a few hundred more before any cleaning is neccesary - It does shoot best with 64gr. and up to 75gr bullets due to the 1-7" twist Hammer Forged barrel. Super easy to strip and clean. Easy MOA accuracy with decent sight. Trigger is two stage and breaks like glass rod. (Nice) - I'm not throwing away any ar's but if you have been thinking of a piston driven 223 that doesn't sh_t were it eats - I personally recommend the Sig 556. Some of the early serial numbered guns got a bad wrap on the net but all recent production is of the highest Sig Sauer quality.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I want one, but I want a 20" barreled version with iron sights. I heard rumors that both options would be available in the future.

Is the 556 truly worth the extra money over a nice AR?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Most defenitely! - Actually everyone needs an ar15 & a sig556. One should not have to choose between. (Get an ar15 in a larger caliber like 6.8spc and the sig for 5.56)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts