Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Diamond Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a Finn captured Russian T-26 tank at the Sotamuseo in Helsinki. This photo was taken on the first day of the Gunboards tour in 2000. It's a runner too.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,882 Posts
Here is a Finn captured Russian T-26 tank at the Sotamuseo in Helsinki. This photo was taken on the first day of the Gunboards tour in 2000. It's a runner too.

When was it manufactured ??

·
Site Contributor
1,260 Posts
When was it manufactured ??
It is T-26 model 1933, which is the model that was replaced in production by model 1938. So presumably sometime between 1933 - 1938. It also has attachment points on turret for Soviet radio antenna for 71-TK-3 radio, which the Soviets adopted year 1937, so the manufacturing date might be most likely around 1937 - 1938. While this tank is a runner (I have video showing it driving around) the engine it has is not original. The engine has been replaced at least twice and the one they might be using nowadays (unless it has been replaced again since it has/had overheating issues) was from Volvo Amazon.

Jarkko

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,882 Posts
Thank you for the date. Looking at the tanks used in WWII there were a large and significant number of changes in design, etc. that occured over a short span of time.

·
Diamond Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kiittos Jarkko

It is T-26 model 1933, which is the model that was replaced in production by model 1938. So presumably sometime between 1933 - 1938. It also has attachment points on turret for Soviet radio antenna for 71-TK-3 radio, which the Soviets adopted year 1937, so the manufacturing date might be most likely around 1937 - 1938. While this tank is a runner (I have video showing it driving around) the engine it has is not original. The engine has been replaced at least twice and the one they might be using nowadays (unless it has been replaced again since it has/had overheating issues) was from Volvo Amazon.

Jarkko

I would like to say thank you for this information on the tanks and guns I saw in Finland. I have only been able to find out some general info on Finnish tanks and AT guns. Again Kiittos

John

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Hopefully they've taken it inside to protect it from the elements. There probably aren't 10 or 15 T-26 left, especially in running condition...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts