Gunboards Forums banner

Finnish SIG Arisaka #2

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Handsome Devil 
#1 ·
A Finnish Civil Guard SIG Arisaka T38 carbine! First the back story:

Earlier this year I showed a SIG barreled Arisaka T38 (#1) that had arrived in the USA after several years in the import process. I had seen it years ago in Finland and was lucky enough to buy when the guy retired from collecting. He had one of the best collections there. Finnish Civil Guard SIG Arisaka - a crown jewel arrives

They are as rare as SAT M91s both here and in Finland to the best of my knowledge. Maybe just a bit more than a handful known of each in total in the world. It sits next to my SAT and my C&R KP31 if that tells you how much I appreciate it. In fact, my gun is the only picture of an SIG Arisaka I can find on Google. Until now...

Now to the carbine:

At the same time that gun was sold to me, lightning struck twice. I was able to import the following cut-down SIG barreled Arisaka which also arrived earlier this year. (Previously, I believe there was only one in the USA)

SIG Arisaka #2 was at one time neglected as the gun was reblued and buffed a very long time ago over some moderate exterior surface pitting in places. The bore is excellent. I've heard that there were some SIG barrels cut down to carbines but have never seen one anywhere before this. I don't know who cut it down or why they would do this. Could have been the Civil Guard to replace the barrel on a T38 carbine in the 1920s - or a collector but it was very well converted and still in 6.5. You'll also notice an S 13xx on the barrel. I believe this is a serial number as applied by the Civil Guard, just like most M91-24 Lotta straight SIGs.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim

Brown Wood Office supplies Tints and shades Cosmetics

Wood Textile Beige Font Gun accessory

Drinkware Automotive tire Cylinder Material property Synthetic rubber

Sleeve Red Material property Font Close-up

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.