Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,570 Posts
Thank you both, im going to do a deep dive today and try to find something. Mangrove i find it really really cool that you have Finnish documents about this issue, Im going to take a look at the assembly and see if anything is odd.
9x out of 10 your "interrupter" is dirty and just needs removal and cleaning. Of course your going to have to take the barreled action out of the stock. Good time to clean it up like it should of been already and already mentioned. When the interupter is so filthy it can't function properly it will "lock up" and not feed. Then take lots of pictures and share that M28 if you haven't already. Regards, John.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,570 Posts
So did you remove and thoroughly clean the interrupter and the space it sits and operates in? If you have another MN rifle switch magazine assembly whole and see if that changes anything? The way the interrupter works is the top round sits independently of the rounds in the magazine which eliminates the "rim lock" syndrome. While most of us see the MN rifle as infantry proof tough as nails rifle, this is where most problems occur. You may be tempted to look at it, see it moves freely and no grit and leave in search of bigger and better problems. I had a M39 which did the same thing. I had been told but I had to go back and take it apart, remove it, clean what didn't look like needing cleaning and it worked flawlessly after that. Shooting rapid fire in a timed even made this a intolerable situation. I never heard that loosening the interrupter screw would help anything? The only thing I can see that doing is making things worse? Please explain that idea? Not trying to be snarky just wondering the rationale for such an attempt to repair. Maybe I can learn a new trick I never heard of? Regards, John.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts