Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty cool rifle I decided to add to my growing Finnish CG Mosin Nagant collection. I've only bought M/28-30 the last few years but I do have a spot in my collection for one of these. It appears to be original matching with its original finish, though it has heavy patina. The CG number 57677 appears to be associated with Viipuri CG District though Mangrove I'm sure can correct that info. Looks to have at some point transferred to the FDF after Winter War perhaps because it has a stock disk. Just a great example of the American Mosin Nagant with some cool history. Luckily I've already got a cleaning rod for it. Should clean up real nice.

Wood Natural material Publication Close-up Pipe

Wood Communication Device Gas Wood stain Hardwood

Wood Water Flooring Hardwood Plank

Wood Door Shotgun Trigger Hardwood

Wood Flooring Hardwood Building material Art

Automotive exterior Material property Wood Automotive tire Rim

Wood Door Wood stain Gas Hardwood

Cylinder Gas Composite material Font Metal

Wood Gas Automotive tire Publication Rim

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice rifle! Very uncommon to find any of these rifles still with the stock disc. I have a 1915 izhevsk with one still in the stock. I believe mine is a reverse officer training rifle. Saw this rifle on gun broker good find!
Yes I came across it yesterday morning. Another collector found it too and had a bidding war over it but I’m happy with what I got it for. These Finnish ones are quite tough to find with their original finish along with a CG number. I had a similar one years ago but it had a mismatched Remington bolt.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spent some time doing a deep clean on this rifle, I was able to remove all of the active rust without harming the bluing. Turned out to be quite a nice M91 with a lot of history. Whichever Finn armorer who shimmed the stock originally did a fantastic job as this one is about as free floated as an M91 can get. Very good, shiny bore and a decent single stage trigger. If the additional number on the receiver is in fact a CG number, it could have belonged to Säkkijärvi Civil Guard in the Viipuri district but Mangrove is going to confirm or deny that.

Wood Window Flooring Hardwood Wood stain

Door Wood Fixture Cylinder Gas

Door Wood Wood stain Hardwood Trigger

Brown Wood Flooring Floor Asphalt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts