Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to @SilverVeteran who confirmed me that this is a Finnish Army M28-76 Sniper rifle .. unfortunately scope mount is mismatching, but you shouldn't be too picky when it gets to finally have one of them! The scope is the correct one, but not "Tower marked", so not fully sure if scope is also original Finnish contract. The stock on these rifles is really special and make the Finn rifles really unique.

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Only one with that set up ive seen, so thank you for sharing. What a pleasure that would be to put a few rounds down range. Looks to be in excellent condition.
Congratulations.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,534 Posts
I don't even know what I am looking at and that still is an amazing example.

Reactions: fourbore

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here is a detailed discussion of the sniper version, the Tkiv 85

·
Gold Bullet member
13,876 Posts
It is a beauty.

I expect it is like my M76 making hand loads a must. Is the bore 308 or 311ish? Mine is the larger bore and trying most normal 54r loads will result in a pulled bullet and a chamber full of powder. Some folks had reported using 54r would work but accuracy would be no where near optimum. I did find a load or two that would work and accuracy was fair. Until I figure out how to get a good handload it is a beauty in rest. I am sure you know what is up, just curious how yours was built.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know what diameter the bore is, don't have tools to check. The US gauges are atypical over here. Thanks to all for the nice comments! Makes a great looking pair now sitting in the gun room right next to the other one: Finnish M28/76 Sniper Rifle

·
Registered
938 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts