Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I just remembered that this property tag came with the firearm when I bought it a year ago. The rear translation is: notes: The weapon is carried out in optical cold alignment

And "Pvm" is the Date for 11/14/1978. Is this the date the depot released the firearm to be sold, or when the firearm was brought back to the depot to be stored?

· Registered
6,561 Posts
TopGunRMNP: The barrel blank was manufactured in Belgium and shipped to Finland and marked in 1942. The original intent was to make M91 rifles out of them, and indeed, some were used for M91s. The actual assembly of all the B barrels is postwar. The stock features you've got there are 1960s on. The inspection dates and data on the hang tag show a bore erosion/corrosion of "0" which is "new/unissued."

Spaxspore: Oh man. Nice photos! A P-39 and a P-38!! Hah!

Oh. TopGunRMNP: I almost forgot. The markings on the top heel portion of your butt plate are likely German WWI capture marks. Another example of re-used/repurposed Mosin-Nagant rifle parts in Finland. Gotta love the M/39! My first was a B-barrel with a 1910 Izhevsk receiver and a re-used Civil Guard buttplate, among other intriguing oddities.

· Diamond Bullet Member
9,127 Posts
+1.
A beautiful rifle.
These were all M91-length barrels, I believe, then cut down to make M39s.
As said, a postwar stock, evidenced by the square later-style splices.
My "B" barrel M39 is in an earlier stock but yours is new!

TopGunRMNP: The barrel blank was manufactured in Belgium and shipped to Finland and marked in 1942. The original intent was to make M91 rifles out of them, and indeed, some were used for M91s. The actual assembly of all the B barrels is postwar. The stock features you've got there are 1960s on. The inspection dates and data on the hang tag show a bore erosion/corrosion of "0" which is "new/unissued."

Spaxspore: Oh man. Nice photos! A P-39 and a P-38!! Hah!

Oh. TopGunRMNP: I almost forgot. The markings on the top heel portion of your butt plate are likely German WWI capture marks. Another example of re-used/repurposed Mosin-Nagant rifle parts in Finland. Gotta love the M/39! My first was a B-barrel with a 1910 Izhevsk receiver and a re-used Civil Guard buttplate, among other intriguing oddities.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.