Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17,773 Posts
​This was hand-held with a Nikon D7100+Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8
Good choice! The nikon 7100 is what i run with to. I use a Nikon 35mm-70mm push pull f/2.8. As well as a 60mm macro nikon. Shooting static objects in good lighting one does not need a tripod. The shutter speed will not be low enough to need to be stationary. Only if it is below your focal length to cause a problem. Shooting the night sky .. yea you are going to need a tripod.

· Registered
17,773 Posts
Yea i moved from cannon 60D and sold all my lenses and gear so i could go Nikon. Their lens can be used all the way back to the 1970s, and they are much cheaper.

Here is a shot 2.8 35-75 mm 1990s lens on my nikon 7100 in low low light ... handheld, like i said.. just make sure the shutter is above your aperture and crack your f/stop to the lowest it will go .. in this case 2.8. I have been meaning to get a nice prime lens with a very low f stop for museum work.. but thats the problem.. i would only use it at the museum .. so i can't justify it to my self yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.