Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's my first Finnish rifle, and what has set me on a journey to "collect them all." As you can probably tell, I am a Photographer and love taking pics of my firearms as well yet, I somehow forgot to break my m39 down and do a detailed shoot with her, so here she is!

Let me know if you find some nice markings, stampings!

http://www.TJFotography.co

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the "B" barrels, especially the plum colored ones. Any idea what the stampings on top of the butt plate mean? I don't think I've seen those before.
Those are some of the stamps I was hoping someone could help with.

The stamps I know:

AV1 = Arms Depot 1

36<VKT>00 = VKT Proof

B = Belgium Barrel Blank assembled by <VKT>
Valtion Kirvaaritehdas

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I'm curious if you used a tripod for your pictures. That is one thing I feel I need. (I enjoy taking pics of the guns)

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Stupid law reads Prior To January 1, 1899. I have no idea why people say "pre-'98". I am guilty of using that term, too.

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
​This was hand-held with a Nikon D7100+Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8
Good choice! The nikon 7100 is what i run with to. I use a Nikon 35mm-70mm push pull f/2.8. As well as a 60mm macro nikon. Shooting static objects in good lighting one does not need a tripod. The shutter speed will not be low enough to need to be stationary. Only if it is below your focal length to cause a problem. Shooting the night sky .. yea you are going to need a tripod.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good choice! The nikon 7100 is what i run with to. I use a Nikon 35mm-70mm push pull f/2.8. As well as a 60mm macro nikon. Shooting static objects in good lighting one does not need a tripod. The shutter speed will not be low enough to need to be stationary. Only if it is below your focal length to cause a problem. Shooting the night sky .. yea you are going to need a tripod.

Great photo SaxSpore! The D7100 truly is the ultimate in Crop-Cameras. The low light is unbeatable, but as soon as you step into the lowest FX (being produced currently) the 7100 gets blown out of the water. All my equipment is for sale finally and possible my extra [SA] SVT to fund FX lenses and a D800.

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
Yea i moved from cannon 60D and sold all my lenses and gear so i could go Nikon. Their lens can be used all the way back to the 1970s, and they are much cheaper.

Here is a shot 2.8 35-75 mm 1990s lens on my nikon 7100 in low low light ... handheld, like i said.. just make sure the shutter is above your aperture and crack your f/stop to the lowest it will go .. in this case 2.8. I have been meaning to get a nice prime lens with a very low f stop for museum work.. but thats the problem.. i would only use it at the museum .. so i can't justify it to my self yet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.