Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke with a long time friend who is wanting to trade for an M-39 of mine and thought I would get some other collectors opinions. He is offering either a 1941 vkt m-91 with about 95% blueing and nice stock all matching OR a 1944 Tika 91/30 in what looks like unissued condition. The trade... I have a post 1900 1943 vkt with nice dark bluing and nice stock.

I have seen a few M-91's that are close but havent run across too many of the Tika's and wondered what every one's thoughts might be on which one is harder to come by over all. I really only hunt the shops and shows around middle Tennessee which is where most of my shooting buds are as well. So far in speaking with them... they are voting for the M-91.

Any ideas, thoughts?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha... well he is a very dear friend, but maybe I should ask for both in trade??? I dont think he would go for that. Ive had this rifle for years and actually have a dup of it. I dont know the production numbers of the 43 vkt's... wonder where one might find that kind of info.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I think I would hold onto that if it is indeed a 1943 VKT that you have. You are talking about one extremely rare rifle. I would need both rifles plus cash to make that type of trade and I probably still wouldn't do it.
JMG

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Haha... well he is a very dear friend, but maybe I should ask for both in trade??? I dont think he would go for that. Ive had this rifle for years and actually have a dup of it. I dont know the production numbers of the 43 vkt's... wonder where one might find that kind of info.
As I recall there are less than a dozen known 1943 VKT M39's and production that year was very low. I remember one selling on Gunbroker for around 1800$ two of three years ago........and you say you have 2 of them?

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
So did a quick search and low and behold look what I found from previous threads here. Any one know if this info is up to date? Per these numbers I think you are right Pahtu.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=2

Think I am right? I have been seeking one for years!

Saw one on auction once for a buy it now option....hemmed and hawed for a half hour or so, went back to the auction to buy it now....and it was sold!

I know who bought it.....The seller in SW WA also sold me a nice early date Tikka M91....;)

Pahtu.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will have to look in my book for sure but yes... I think I do. Ive collected over 30 of them through the years and over half are at the very back of a closet. It would probably take me half a day to dig back to them.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,619 Posts
Sounds worth investigating to me. I have found a mistake or to in my record keeping. A serial number off by one digit, thought I had two 1916 Remington M91s. In cases like this I would go take a peek, it will be good to know either way. Best of luck in your confirmation of what you have. That would really be something to own two of these rare VKTs. Regards, John.

·
Registered
786 Posts
To answer the first question that you did pose, I think m91's are much easier to get of the tikka's over the 91-30's but it really depends on where you are at. I know that on Gunbroker m91's are usually on there, whereas 91-30's might or might not be there.
I would reiterate that trading a 1943 VKT M39 should get much more than both of these and I am sure you have gotten several PM's to that effect.
JMG

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.