Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see quite a few of these posted lately, I thought it might be a good idea to gather them into 1 thread for a reference to all the variances.
Here's mine. Double "41" marked, solid band springs, Button bands and stacked front sight blade.
usrifle

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
Nice one! Very clean Izhevsk stock on it too. :)

I've got kind of a "thing" for SA-marked Tulas. Unfortunately I only have pictures of one of them handy at the moment. This one is all-matching except for the cocking piece.

·
Silver Bullet member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now THAT is a beauty Skywarp!!! Man...that is a keeper. That 2nd pic from the bottom with the snowflake?
That is just too cool for school baby!!! (That's an old saying)...Lol
Very nice. keep 'em coming, this will be a great thread!
usrifle

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
Thanks usrifle, it's definitely one of my most prized rifles. Shoots pretty good too. :) Definitely rough shape, but still solid and serviceable.

I was trying to remember why the look of your rifle seemed so familiar to me -- then I remembered another Finn'd Tula that I have. It's hard to remember what you've got when they're hundreds of miles from you packed away. :( Anyway, check out how similar they are, from the barrel bands to the stock finish/splice/"look" and the front sight. I'm just not sure whether to call this one a "dragoon" or a 91/30.

·
Silver Bullet member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another winner Skywarp! I'm not really sure about that one, Dragoon? No matter "what" it is exactly, it's really neat.
usrifle

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Skywarp, I assume the Finns made that dragoon into a 91/30? Is the rear sight base pinned (I'd expect not). I can't remember why right now, but I believe dragoons weren't converted into 91/30's by the Soviets until after the Finns would have already taken ownership of this one - is that right? Then there's the Finn stock of course.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
Skywarp, I assume the Finns made that dragoon into a 91/30? Is the rear sight base pinned (I'd expect not). I can't remember why right now, but I believe dragoons weren't converted into 91/30's by the Soviets until after the Finns would have already taken ownership of this one - is that right? Then there's the Finn stock of course.
Not sure there's any way to tell Slimedog. The rear sight is definitely not pinned. Even if "wholesale" dragoon-to-91/30 conversions weren't done until after the war (which is how I recall it as well) I would imagine that a dragoon with damaged sights in the service of either country would stand a chance of having a 91/30 rear sight installed on it.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,077 Posts
Heres one of my favorites, kind of opposite of those posted so far in this one got the full Finn rehab treatment. Its PL, SA, D and 41 marked. It sits in a new Finn post war stock with the square finger joints.

PAshutr3

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
These are the only pics I have with me right now (working hard), There are a couple of Neat Finns, one is an original Finn PE w/repro glass, Dragoon and a few other assorted goodies. You fellas posted some great looking stuff, Keep it coming-SDH

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
Here's a couple more pics of the 38 Tula 91/30 I bought yesterday. Original Tula stock, wartime spliced, SA & 41 marked, button bands, solid band springs.

AC

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That a Geco Mount my friend? Very Cool! I've been looking for the right mount and scope just for a short while and came to realize its going to be a little ways before I can get the cash at the same time the scope is available. I was very happy to have found mine with the holes not welded, even got money off for them!-SDH

·
Gold Bullet member
3,077 Posts
AirCommando,

Thats a looker for sure, very nice!

Mjmd,

I just drooled on the keyboard, lovely sniper.

PAshutr3

·
Gold Bullet member
2,120 Posts
Here's one of mine, 1940 Tula, SA and D marked barrel. Gorgeous Finn potbelly stock. Bolt is blued, and Finn matched. Buttplate is scrubbed, magazine cover is lined out and not renumbered. Bore is perfect.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.