Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am fortunate enough to have two very nice Finn rifles in my collection. An M39 and now a PTG M91. One thing that I encountered while cleaning up the M91 is that the barrel bands tighten when turning the screw to the left. Is this similar to the Russian M91 or were the Finns novel in this approach to tightening clamps? Is there a tuning procedure to maximize accuracy when tightening these bands? I thought that I read somewhere that the M39 front band was to be tightened or lossened to achieve accuracy but can't find that info right off. Just curious. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You'll just have to experiment to find what your particular rifle likes best. Personally, I want everything secure & if that isn't accurate enough for me, I reach for another rifle.

·
Silver Bullet member
376 Posts
bands

Just do not overtighten the M91 bands. The screws can be snapped very easily if over tightened. As far as the M39 bands they are meant to be secure and snug. Over tightening of the tang screw can sometimes produce cracks on the wrist of the stock when the rifle is fired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts