Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I'm not breaking/bending any rules with this crosspost of a question I originally posted on the Italian Weapons section, but they don't appear to be as busy as over here and I'd like some guidance on this one.

How much would you say this is worth-1939 Finn-marked 7.35 Carcano, all matching numbers and nice bore 85% bluing, razor-sharp stock cartouches, but unfortunately, stock cut just in front of the front sling loop/barrel band and shellaced?

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Many these days will ask for more than that but $50 to $75 is about it for me. There are new stocks available for the short 38 rifles but that would not match and you would be throwing good money after bad in this case I am afraid. The SA marked ones seem to really have great numbers and I see more marked ones than unmarked. Bill

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
How much would you say this is worth-1939 Finn-marked 7.35 Carcano, all matching numbers and nice bore 85% bluing, razor-sharp stock cartouches,
For the Finnish guns, that is run-of-the-mill numbering (mismatched Finnish Carcanos practically do not exist), run-of-the-mill-blueing, run-of-the-mill cartouches (unlike the European refurbished Carcanos).

but unfortunately, stock cut just in front of the front sling loop/barrel band and shellaced?
As of now, 60 to 75 US-$. A decade ago, it was 20 to 50 US-$.

Carcano

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.