Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy just gonna share my newest Finn. It's a 1942 M91 with a round reciver and a Belgium barrel.. All numbers on it match ( bolt, reciver, and barrel). It is not counterbored, has a pretty clean barrel actually! Has awesome Finnish on the metal and the stock is perfect IMO.Under the buttplate it has a marking im not sure of.Enjoy guys and any knowledge shared would be appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Don't see many round receiver M91s. Finn B barrels were assembled post war, which could be a good reason why the bore condition is so good. That, and if someone shot it, they took care of it and cleaned it well. Nice find, congrats!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome guys I sure appreciate the feedback ill have to take it sort and look for the leige proof. I was so excited web I found it but didn't actually kno how unusually it was. I knew a round reciver was rare but didn't no the combination was fewer than 12!! Does anyone know what the stamp on the stock is?

·
Administrator
8,493 Posts
The leige proof should be just above the wood line on the L/H side of the barrel shank.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks ol relic. I needed to get it first haha just picked it up Friday and cleaned it up yesterday. Man I'm happy with it. It's a very cool rifle.

Ok Denny ill look now!! Thanks

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,546 Posts
they are also sometimes hidden below the wood line line the same area as Miller Tyme referenced. Denny
+1

Welcome to the club :) Great find. Congrats.

·
Administrator
8,493 Posts
Oh, no!
Now I have to start hunting all over again...

QUOTE=sparky236;2939578]Great find - only about a dozen or so known out there. RARE! In comparison - there are 42 27RVs known........
[/QUOTE]

LMAO.........

The good news SG is they go for a lot less than your 27 rv. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts