Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First, I'm new to this board...and fairly new to collecting. I have become increasingly facinated with the Finnish version of the Mosin Nagant. In particular the M39 (I have 4). I was reading the article about the M39 on MosinNagant.net and came across a notation that the highest reported (known?) serial number for a 1968 M39 is 303,467.

Now here is my question. Is this number still valid as the highest known or has there been an update since the article was written. Does anyone know? I ask because I just recently purchased a 1968 M39 in a condition that suggests that it is, at the very least an arsenal refurb, and very likely also unissued after that with a serial number more than 125 digits higher than the one reported above.

Anyone have any further information on this?

Thanks!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know what the highest number is now?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, now we're getting somewhere...mine is up there too - 303,612 and looks like it was refurbed and then stuck on a rack until it was imported by CAI and then bought by the previous owner just before me who also just stuck it on a rack. The thing looks unissued though no such claim was ever made.

Anyway, thanks for the information Russ68, it helps give my latest purchase a little perspective!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts