Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this M28-30 rifle and bayonet yesterday from an older gent looking to divest himself of his collection. I believe it's an early "No Date" that's been wedded to a '39 stock. The rifle's in nice shape with a great bore. The bayonet is a Fiskars. Here are some pics.

Len

Attachments

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,546 Posts
Yikes! She's purdy! That is one awesome rifle.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,088 Posts
Super nice rifle congratulations. I don't remember seeing the SAKO gear cartouche with date stamp on an M28/30 stock before. Anyone else seen a stock stamped like this? I have an M28/30 stock with the SAKO gear but no date and I think that my stock was originally on one of the "Civilian Model" M28/30 rifles.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous M28/30 OP, they are getting harder and harder to find in that condition. I'm not sure what you mean by it being in a 39 stock though since that stock certainly looks like a M28/30 stock to me.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Absolutely gorgeous M28/30 OP, they are getting harder and harder to find in that condition. I'm not sure what you mean by it being in a 39 stock though since that stock certainly looks like a M28/30 stock to me.
I meant a (19)39 dated stock. Sorry for not being clearer.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Super nice rifle congratulations. I don't remember seeing the SAKO gear cartouche with date stamp on an M28/30 stock before. Anyone else seen a stock stamped like this? I have an M28/30 stock with the SAKO gear but no date and I think that my stock was originally on one of the "Civilian Model" M28/30 rifles.

The above are from the left and right most pictured here:

No Date logo on the '41 M39 pictured here:

Just wanted to show pics of non-overstamps.
Interesting how it appears they sanded the three sprig logo off and overstamped the gear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.