Gunboards Forums banner

Finn 91/30 35 round recvr

3K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Poot 
#1 ·
Got this one from a friend who isn't a BIG Mosin freak and just wanted a 91/30 to shoot so I traded a nice refurb for his Finn. 1935 Izzy round recvr,Early Century import, typical Finn 91/30 condition well used ! Bolt matches,counterbored,Russian stock, SA, D, 41 marked. Looks like it spent some outdoor time before they collected it up. It wil go nice with my Finn Hex Recvr 35 Izzy.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice one-its quite a rare bird.

#4 ·
I have gotten a couple of Mosins, 91/30 or M30 from GunBrokers. They were both round receivers w/barrel marker SA and D. Good shooters and well used rifles. One is in a Fin 2 piece stock. I enjoy shooting them but not quite as much as the M39's.

#8 ·
That's one that's still eluding me. One of these days...
Poot

#10 ·
Mine is 51,545. Mosin Nagant dot Net says that there were 59,470 M91/30s produced at Izhevsk in 1935. I guess there "should" be at least 8,000 more out there. That's still a pretty small number in the whole scheme of things.

The three previous years were around 130,000 and 1936 was over 200,000 with increases nearly every year following until 1942 except for 1940. I'd say the low numbers from 1935 were due to the conversion to a round receiver.

#12 ·
While the transition may be related to the conversion, I would tend to think it was more related to the Great Depression, which was a world wide event. There simply was not much economic incentive to produce military weapons, until Germany and Japan started to really crank up their Military production. The Finnish weapon production in the same time period was very low, as well as US production, and probably volume of the other major powers.

regards
badger

#14 ·
Finnish production was low every year....but even more so in 35 due to the design flaw in the m/27 stock and subsequent "recall" of the rifles and repair that took place over the next 3 years.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
I thought I had first dibs on everything, being a Buckeye!

#25 ·
Yeah, but wasn't that for Trade only? I think I might have made an offer to buy that one. I could be mistaking it for another on the Trader.

Poot

#27 ·
Yer killin' me!!!

Poot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.