Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Afternoon fellows,

This week I finished a 1942 Maltby No.4 Mk.1, only the barrel band and stock set don't match. This morning I restocked a 1919 Ishapore 410 musket No.III Mk.1*. The Ishy needs a new bolt, doesn't match, it was ground or filed to clear a scope. Sorry for the crappy photo, I have a great camera but it is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Did the Ishy have a magazine when you got it, or did it have a plugged magazine well?
Have you tried cycling the action with .410 shells feeding from the magazine?

I have a Lithgow action ( I suspect its not suitable for standard pressure .303 loads due to soft metal though I'm really not sure) I'm considering rebarreling to .410 chambered for modern shells and would prefer to finish it up as a repeater rather than as a single shot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sam,

There wasn't a wooden block, as you would have expected, I just inserted a magazine for the photo. The fellow I bought it from said it shot the straight sided 303 musket cartridges. The bolt that came with it needs to be replaced, the numbers don't match anyway. I just need to get around to making a bolt disassembly tool.

Thanks
kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.