Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
slapped a h band on the dou42. took a box of yugo sniper ammo to see if the change bonkerd up the zero bad. didnt even fit half a$$. and...
DAMN. ill never see that again.

Attachments

· Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,309 Posts
PAUL: Eluva nice group. Gotta git me some of that Yugo Sniper ammo.

· Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,320 Posts
What the hell did you have for breakfast??!!

Nice shootin,' looks great!

Pat

· Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i may break down and get a few more of them yugo sniper rounds.
blew my 'mint bore' idea to the woods. this bore is not pitted, but mid war mauser 'used'. some decent wear on the chamber side. now ive taken some (solman tip # 543) J&B bore compound and some elbow work and got some good copper build up out, a well worn matching bolt, and a tall sight. thats it.
i guess if you put a monkey at a typewriter sooner or later he will tap out 'war and peice' by tolstoy.

· Gold Bullet member
14,536 Posts
Great shooting Paul. That rifle is a keeper. I love the M75, only problem being is it spoils you for anything else. I ordered 2 lots the last time it was on sale. Wish I had ordered a dozen but money is never infinite.

· Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nah its from a mauser of an earlier model? i was scoring at the show with the 'parts guy' and got a bunch of 'thin' taller sights. now you have to take a jewelers file to some of the sight bases to fit but i found the after market tall sights are WAY to 'thick'. just look for a say 93 or 95 maus.
also samco has swede fronts, so i ordered a whole 'lot' of front sights and samco sent me a little swede marked screw top 'match holder' deal. it was cool but the sights again are to thick.
i cant beleive its 100 for 100. i can match the yugo sniper but its almost as expensve for me to do it (200 gr hollow points, 44-47gr varget depending on rifle)
but its like 10 bucks a box. ouch. but i guess it shoots.
sunday ill go out but im sure i wont match that.

· Gold Bullet member
14,536 Posts
nah its from a mauser of an earlier model? i was scoring at the show with the 'parts guy' and got a bunch of 'thin' taller sights. now you have to take a jewelers file to some of the sight bases to fit but i found the after market tall sights are WAY to 'thick'. just look for a say 93 or 95 maus.
also samco has swede fronts, so i ordered a whole 'lot' of front sights and samco sent me a little swede marked screw top 'match holder' deal. it was cool but the sights again are to thick.
i cant beleive its 100 for 100. i can match the yugo sniper but its almost as expensve for me to do it (200 gr hollow points, 44-47gr varget depending on rifle)
but its like 10 bucks a box. ouch. but i guess it shoots.
sunday ill go out but im sure i wont match that.
You are so right. To load really quality ammo these days can easily run near a buck a round, not to mention the time and work. As I recall the last order was more like $0.67 per round but need to confirm IF I can find the rcpt.

· Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,309 Posts
PAUL. You ever notice when you shoot a bad grouping, it's either: "You flinched", "you blinked", "you musta sneezed", or "your breathing was off time". BUT when you turn in a good looking group like you just did. "Its that great sniper ammo that did it".
REMEMBER: "Its not the bat that hits the home run". Its the man thats swinging the bat. Again, awsome group.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.