Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of coveting an M1 Garand I finally sent in my paperwork to the cmp. hoping I have one by Christmas. Don't know what the current wait time is. Will probably need some help from the good folks here once it arrives. I found some information on reloading for the m1 so I should be ready to go. As I shift to US guns, a Krag is next on my list.

Later.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Three weeks for me last Christmas; processed 12/21/11, delivered 1/10/12.

12/42 SA receiver, 12/55 SA barrel -18 SA bolt, the rest is HRA; G3 1+/2+.

PM

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet Member
820 Posts
My CMP Garand is an absolute beauty! Once they received my paperwork and sent me e-mail confirmation, my wait time was exactly 21days.
IMG_4670.jpg IMG_4669.jpg IMG_4674.jpg

What grade did you request? Did you include a sticky note asking for anything in particular?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went with service grade. That was about the most I world fork out.
I did throw in a bayo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

·
Silver Bullet Member
820 Posts
Went with service grade. That was about the most I world fork out.
I did throw in a bayo.

Excellent! That's what I got, too! :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My CMP Garand is an absolute beauty! Once they received my paperwork and sent me e-mail confirmation, my wait time was exactly 21days.

What grade did you request? Did you include a sticky note asking for anything in particular?
How long did it take to get an email? It's been 16 days and they haven't got to my paperwork yet.

·
Silver Bullet Member
820 Posts
How long did it take to get an email? It's been 16 days and they haven't got to my paperwork yet.
It took them exactly a week to get back to me. Perhaps they're experiencing a holiday rush? I'd call them to make sure nothing is wrong with your paperwork...

On September 3rd, 2012 I mailed my paperwork into the CMP.

On September 10th they sent me an e-mail confirming that my order had been received.

On September 19th my debit card was charged ($625 plus $25 shipping for a service grade rifle) and my order information was updated on the CMP E-Store.

On September 21st my rifle was picked up by FedEx for delivery.

On September 24th, my rifle was delivered to my house at exactly 10:17am. The tracking information sent by the CMP said I should expect it by 10:30am.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sent them am email about a week ago and got a quick response. They are behind. God bless'em.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I just got two more today, two SA service grades, 3.5 million and 4.2 million. My paperwork was delivered Oct. 16, so about 6 weeks wait. Get one or two, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Email arrived today. Now we're getting somewhere.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
I just got two more today, two SA service grades, 3.5 million and 4.2 million. My paperwork was delivered Oct. 16, so about 6 weeks wait. Get one or two, you won't regret it.

Interesting rifle on the right. I wonder what country that stock was returned from? The "4789" stamnped on the right side of the buttstock is unusual.

What is on the piece of tape on the left side?

·
Registered
935 Posts
It is a CMP Greek return. Not sure what the sticker means, but I thought it was pretty cool. I'm just going to leave it on there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good for you and thank God it's back home and away from that hell hole that used to be Greece.

I think the sticker says, "Help send ammo." Not sure. :)

·
Gold Bullet member
4,319 Posts
Pretty sure it's birch? Much more figure common than walnut. Quite attractive I agree! The lettering on the sticker is all Greek to me... As is the practice of stamping a number in that font and location on the stock. Seen more frequently on 1903s and 03a3s.

Nice Red River Army Depot stock.

Fantastic Flame striping.

Don

1 - 20 of 32 Posts