Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I was very pleased. Even the aftermarket mag worked ok. I only had one box of ammo but was happy with the 50 rounds I put thru it.

(just had to show it off :) )

I did learn one thing, though...I need a Pearce grip in the worst way! The factory grip leaves much to be desired. Overall, I'm still very happy with it! I learned that a PA-63 holster (slightly modified, a cut here and a cut there) fits it perfectly.

·
Administrator
6,993 Posts
Nice photography ab4ka.

I haven't owned a hi-cap, although I remember when I posted that one was for sale locally for $125 and a forum member read my post and bought it. That was some years and several forums ago. I'm thinking, maybe I should have bought it ...

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Please tell me you didn't shoot that GORGEOUS UT Volunteers pin! :eek::eek:;)

SlimTim

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Good carry gun?

"Gator Man"
I think the Hi-Cap is a good carry for me. I carry it OWB. Trying IWB with the adj. sight and bulkier Pearce grip, might be a bit uncomfortable, but I haven't tried yet. I love the 12+1 capacity, and am very familiar with the Makarov features, so it is a comfortable carry choice for me. Do you plan to carry it?
BTW, Slim Tim, this is a family forum, and I was wondering if the picture of your Tennesee cheerleaders was a little too risk ay? :p :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't plan to carry it as I have a Taurus PT145 for that. The 9x18 is a good round, but I'll take 10+1 of .45ACP over it any day. And no, Tim, I didn't shoot the pin...I didn't want to waste ammo. I think my dog might have peed on it, though :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered my Pearce today from makarov.com and I can't wait for it to get here. There shouldn't be a problem with it fitting my hand as from the picture above it doesn't look any bigger than the original block of plastic they use for a grip on it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Same Size

I ordered my Pearce today from makarov.com and I can't wait for it to get here. There shouldn't be a problem with it fitting my hand as from the picture above it doesn't look any bigger than the original block of plastic they use for a grip on it.
The Hi-Cap Pearce and the 8 round Pearce are exactly the same width. Cool, huh? :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts