Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Finally found one that was obtainable, one that matched and was not priced through the roof. Everything is matched, gun has nice finish, seems a mix of blued and phosphate. It has some sins, though right now, they matter little to me in my excitement for finally getting one. The sins include a cracked/repaired handguard, lightly sanded stock with eagle and serial still visible, and what looks to be a repainted mag. The seller was a gentleman and took these issues into account and priced it fairly. I'll likely upgrade in time, but right now this fills a big void in my Nazi WWII collection. I get attached to these pieces of history, so I may never sell this one, even when I add another.
Comments welcome, good or bad.

Thanks,
Diehard

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cart before the horse

Incidently, before I found the rifle, I found an affordable scope in need of a mount. If anyone knows of a mount laying around lonely for a scope, this would be a nice finishing touch to my rifle.

Thanks and feel free to comment on the rifle,
Diehard

·
Registered
892 Posts
Not sure you'll readily find a mount just laying around, but who knows? A good repro mount can be had for around $200-ish. Original mounts can run $1000 and up....easily. I really like the S/N of your rifle....all 2s. Sometimes I'll pay a hundred or two more than I know I should, just because I like a particular serial number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts