Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very happy to have found this rifle. I've been looking for an unmolested one for awhile. This one seems to be in pretty good shape and has markings to indicate it was used in Canada by various battalions and went to Europe with the CEF as well as being one of the rifles bought by the US. If anything seems like it is not as it should be then please let me know.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just starting my Canadian WWI collection - even though technically the 1905 wasn't used in battle. Now on to locating some more accoutrements and maybe a decent 1910...........

·
Registered
743 Posts
Looks nice. How's it shoot?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got it and it has been 108-112 the last week with no end in sight. Might be awhile. Just typing that depresses me to no end........

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Not sure if you are aware The Ross Rifle Story, pg 62, states there were insufficient MkIII's at Valcartier for training purposes, so earlier models were impressed, some of which went to training camps in the UK.
Altho' there were enough MkIII's to equip the CEF, the MkII's that went to England in October, 1914, bear the CEF stock stamp. Lucky boy, it's well travelled rifle - Canada, UK and US.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,492 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you to all who replied! I guess I should get a copy of the Ross bible. It's just alot of money for a book.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts