Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last few weeks I've sold and traded a bunch of rifles, and among my scores were a very nice CZ-50 and CZ-52. I used to have a really nice '52 with the phosphate finish, and like a dummy I sold it. I managed to get this one, and it's nicer than my old one. I know the rubber grip looks like crap, but it sure helps the feel of it. I wish someone made full rubber panels for it, I'd take them! I'd never even seen a CZ-50 before it was offered to me in trade, and when I got it, I liked it. Now that I've shot it, I really like it. It is one sweet little shooter! The '52 shot just like I remember, which I always liked. I had some of the Bulgarian that comes wrapped in 16 round packs, and it really shot well. I had hoped to get a can while Century had it on sale for $64, but I missed out. Oh well, I'm very happy with both guns, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to show them off :p

Now I just want to add a CZ-82 to the family :)

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
Nice!

Nice brace of pistollas you've got there!

I can definitely see the family resemblance between these Czech-O-Matics!

The CZ-50 is a straight blowback .32, isn't it?

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
Genetic Connection!

I can see by your took - apart CZ-50 that the resemblance is more than superficial; a lot of the parts are almost miniatures of the CZ-52's innards!

Why they never made the '52 as a double action I'll never know.

If you really studied the mechanism of the '50 I'll bet you could come up with a way to convert a '52 into DA, too. The long trigger bow and arch of travel for the 52s trigger almost seems designed for a DA application.

All you would have to do, I speculate, is to figure out how to connect / hook the trigger transfer bar up to the bottom of the hammer so as to **** it with the forward motion of the bar (is that how the '50 works?) then to trip the sear and / or release the hammer at the end of it's travel.

It might not be as hard as we have so long feared after all...

A high-cap DA CZ-52 could really get some attention.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
I Did Not Know....

...that I was such a snob as to refuse PM!

Why; the audacity!
I'll have to spank myself for that.
Not that I knew that I was "refusing" any, of course.

How do I fix that situation? "Profiles"?

Got those files - copied both for future reference. Thanks!

I think that the little lug and the tail end of the transfer bar has something to do with the DA function, but can't tell from the diagrams just how it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts