Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the Galil (Century Golani) that I'd ordered last Feb. today. Gun looks good, two mags are OK, a couple small dents and light parking but they function all right. I ran a couple hundred rounds of my reloads through it without a problem. The sights are centered but need to raise the elevation up a little. Was shooting off hand but I believe it'll shoot better than I can see. I'm happy with it and will try to run some more rounds through it off a rest to see what kind of group it'll hold.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
54,503 Posts
Mine shot low as well but it too was 100%. I really like mine, they are a fine weapon and I bet you'll like it.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike, yea it's got the new firing pin and bolt. It shot my old reloads with regular primers without any problems. I tried some of the new Orlite mags that I bought last year for it and they fit up and feed OK. I saw that Tuco was getting a new AK, so maybe we can have a little shooting competition soon...

·
Administrator
19,287 Posts
That won't be a problem-he can't hit the side of the barn at 50 meters. Mine shoots better than I can as well and Kenny at Global did it for me.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
54,503 Posts
Can you post some pictures of the bolt and pin if you can? Do you happen to have a standard IMI bolt to compare to? Can you tell if the bolt is OEM IMI or new production? We got alot of questions for you since yours is the first with the new mod'ed bolt....

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Mike, I'll see if I can get some pics later today. It's the original bolt with a larger hole drilled in it for the new firing pin assembly. Not the best job I've ever seen, about .040 clearance between the pin and hole. But guess that's acceptable AK tolerances. There was a photo on one of the AK forums that I saw a couple days ago. It seems to work OK, didn't have any slam fire problems with it. I've never had any with the other AK's I have with my reloads either tho. The only catastrophic slam fire I have ever had was with the old Springfield Armory M1A. I think it was a high primer that caused it to fire OOB.
Vic, who says he can't shoot. You should see him with that AK pistol, he can shoot a fly off a pile of cow $hit at a hundred yards one handed with it.... would you believe hit a meadow muffin at ten yards??

·
Copper Bullet member
980 Posts
CaptZ, Glad to hear your rifle is100%. Mine shot low just like yours, and Mike's. My front sight post was screwed all the way down. As Mike said, we'd sure like to see some pics of the Century mods to the bolt, and firing pin. I read your post about the shell buffer, it'd sure be nice not to ruin all my good brass. I'd like to find one for my Cetme, and G3 as well.
Michael

1 - 10 of 10 Posts