Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,622 Posts
MANY MANY MORE photos pleeeeeeeezzzz???...

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
What's a Remmie?

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,038 Posts
Remmie=Remington. Just like how people call Izhevsk, izzy. Nice gun from what i can see lol

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,622 Posts
Hey Seanie, it's a cutie nickname like Izzy, Sesty, Westy, Romy, Alby, etc..... Vickie tell me that he especially enjoys Izzy, gets him all excited and dizzy ya know?;)

:laugh:

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,038 Posts
He knows - Collectors prefer to refer to weapons by their actual manufacture name. Abbreviations and or new names are usually made fun of by many members & occassionally me :)

Pahtu.
I know. I was buying into that new thing all the kids are using. I think its called sarcasm. lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Conratulations on a nice Remington 1918. I bid early on that one, but had to jump back to the porch...couldn't hang with the big dogs. I actually called the shop in Pittsburg and had them hand cycle rounds out of the mag. Hope it's a good shooter for you.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Oh the sacrilege! Remmie! Oh I said it again. I too am sort of prejudiced into the proper Remington and Westinghouse and all the other total names spoken and written fully and properly. To be altogether truthful with you I also feel these current abbreviations and stuff used in texting is because our newer generation can't spell and is sorrily short in the ability to express themselves in written and printed word. This may be a testimony to our modern schooling or lack of basics taught in it. But in my old age I think back to what the then older generation thought of me as a youth and Gosh how history has repeated itself! I just can't get too excited about these errors in the younger generation and texting shortcuts they use as a result of my thinking back to my now ancient childhood. I will still point out that there is spell check on most computers (if there wasn't I would more than likely be unreadable) and although it is lacking I find in many of the terms we use on the Forums I sure wish all of us used it so this old man could figure out what some of you guys are talking about! Remy, Izzy, PL marked, Sesty, SA marked, Chatty, and all the other ones are easily spelled on a cheat sheet and kept by the computer so maybe we old farts don't have to think too much in our old age and can figure what you youngun's are talking about in your excitement and exuberance of youth. I do love how you type so fast and get excited and make words shorter as it makes me think of when I was younger and that keeps this old heart beating! Congrats and yeah that may have a Spanish connection with those hangers from maybe (dare I use this?) SCW days? He he! Congrats again! Bill

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.