Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About time I had an AR. Still no AR 15 but found this AR 180 that called out to me. No range time as yet, but looks to be little used.
Came with a couple original mags, and some AR 15 mags with the notch cut to work in the 180.

We'll see how it works soon.
Oh. And because some want to know. It's a Sterling built 180.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
They are neat rifles. A poor man's M-16 in some eyes. The slight wobble in the folding stock,and MAC-10 looking receiver make it look "cheap". They really are not as you hold yours and see how well it is really made.
Why they had to use a different magazine rather than the M-16 magazine is any ones guess.
The piston operation is much better than the M-16 gas impingement. Why Stoner never made a M-20 using the AR15's guts and the AR18 gas piston is always asked? The South Koreans made the Daewoo K-2 which is almost just that rifle.
Enjoy your new rifle. They shoot well. If you can find an original scope, the little rifle can hold it own at 500 yards with no problem.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
59,013 Posts
They are neat rifles. A poor man's M-16 in some eyes. The slight wobble in the folding stock,and MAC-10 looking receiver make it look "cheap". They really are not as you hold yours and see how well it is really made.
Why they had to use a different magazine rather than the M-16 magazine is any ones guess.
The piston operation is much better than the M-16 gas impingement. Why Stoner never made a M-20 using the AR15's guts and the AR18 gas piston is always asked? The South Koreans made the Daewoo K-2 which is almost just that rifle.
Enjoy your new rifle. They shoot well. If you can find an original scope, the little rifle can hold it own at 500 yards with no problem.

just be careful what type of ammo you used, the barrel twist will not do much with the heavier stuff,

my Ar18 loves some M193, and with scope, easy to keep on target!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts