Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the lookout for one of these locally for a few years to go with the 33/40 and German vz24 I've squirrelled away. Didn't get this quite as cheap as I'd like and the stock's been buffed...serial under the butt is weak but readable, like the waff's on the stock in pic...but it'll do. The bore is terrific...I'm not going to try and pry the handguard loose...already gave it a very gently-prying attempt and it's tight...too much chance of popping the clip off the wood. I'd say it's a 99.999999 percent chance of a match anyhow.

Shotgun
Wood Varnish Wood stain Orange Caramel color
Metal Spoon
Wood Wood stain Design Hardwood Table

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,170 Posts
G.24(t)'s are a great Mauser variant, exceedingly well made and very robust. Nice rifle!
Pat

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,943 Posts
Looks like a very nice one. The metal is in better condition than my 41 f block.

Regards,
Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
More than a few , lol !!
295 Posts
Very nice Mauser !!
Wouldn't mind seeing a couple pic's of your 33/40 and vz 24 if you had time ? Love these old guns, and always like to see what treasures others have managed to "squirrel " away . :)

I'm currently in the process of obtaining a 33/40 to add to my small Mauser collection, then the hunt will be on for a nice vz 24.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Interesting. I also have a 1941 with a laminate stock and a 42 with a walnut stock (matched in both cases). You would think it would be the other way around. I guess walnut just showed up at random in the stock blanks they had.

You should look for the VZ-24 now while they are still around. They will soon start to disappear and get scarce and cost more, while the 33/40 supply will remain pretty constant!

·
Registered
More than a few , lol !!
295 Posts
I am retired, so its one rifle at a time, LOL !;) After the 33/40 purchase, the VZ will have to wait till I unload some of my current "safe queens" so I have some more cash flow . Currently, I'm anxiously awaiting the 33/40's arrival. looks like early next week. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.