Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i recently received my brand new uberti hombre from stoger, its a replacement under a warranty issue, my old hombre shot great until the front sight fell off two times, now they sent me a new gun so i go to the club to sight it in, at 7 yards its shooting 4 inches left and a little low, well i can live with the low but 4 inches left i can't. I tried every load i could think of and also different bullet weights [i do reload]. I even had another shooter try it but no good still 4 inches left. I decided to do some very careful filing on the rear notch on the right side and it helped a little, the front sight is very thick so bending it not possible, but filling it thinner is, so i filed away, again on the right side, and to my surprise it is now shooting dead on out to 25 yards, a little cold bluing and all is now well, pghrich

·
Registered
10,271 Posts
Sounds like you identified and resolved the problem fairly quickly. Charlie Askins said he built a tool to bend the front sights of the Colt New Services isued to the Border Patrol, unfortunately he left no description or pictures of it. It could be the barrel wasn't seated quite right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and thanks for the comment, i really think uberti makes the front sights that wide to stop people from bending, believe me the front sight is at least twice as wide as my regular older cattleman, but filing is very possible and being careful fairly easy, also the rear notch is also more squared off instead of just a notch, i also have a beratta inox stampede that has sights idenical to the hombre, thankfully it shoots dead on, filing stainless could be a chore, pghrich

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,901 Posts
I'v got a couple of Pietta products - windage is dead on. The tall front sight seems standard with the expectation that you will file to POI. The windage problem would appear to be a manufacturer's faux pas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.