Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was at a friend of a friends house and got to see his small collection of Mil rifles. What he had that was interesting was a LG-48 with a large font horizontal serial # FH 73,5xx. I have an LG-48 with a vertical serial of FH 74,7xx. I have seen Horizontal marked FH's in the low 50,xxx's before.

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
2,883 Posts
My LG48 has serial number FG98680 stamped parallel to the bore. For what ever use the information is.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
By the way that is a great photo. I love to see those two rifles side by side like that. Did you spot any variations between the two other than the variance in marking protocol?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They are both out of the same earlier import batch from Century import marked on right side. Typical LG48 conversions, both have cast trigger guards serialed to recvr's.

Narrows down the serial # location change over in the FH series...

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
They are both out of the same earlier import batch from Century import marked on right side. Typical LG48 conversions, both have cast trigger guards serialed to recvr's.

Narrows down the serial # location change over in the FH series...

Very interesting. If I ever get my head above water I will try to snap some photos of the one in my collection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts