Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts
Death sentence for all. No appeal, nor long, drawn out trial.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Curious choice of words, DD. What does the usage of the word "ferals" imply?

I certainly hope it is not a racial reference.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters and Swords member
11,165 Posts

feral a. wild; untamed; savage; (of animal species) living in the wild, especially after previously being domesticated; funereal. ferae, n.pl. carnivorous animals. ferae naturae, (Latin) 'of a wild nature'; animals living in the wild.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
feral a. wild; untamed; savage; (of animal species) living in the wild, especially after previously being domesticated; funereal. ferae, n.pl. carnivorous animals. ferae naturae, (Latin) 'of a wild nature'; animals living in the wild.

I think we're all aware of the proper definition, Wylie. I asked because neither the article nor the video made any mention of the three perps in question having any of the characteristics you so generously supplied above. Since the aforementioned perps were presentably groomed and had rather nice duds on (for that particular age range, anyway) including largish ear-rocks and designer eyewear in one case, and were reported to actually live on the girl's street, I'm going to use my amazing powers of imagination to determine that they are not, in fact, 'living in the wild'nor are they 'untamed', per se......and to imply that any young black men are 'animals' is dangerous ground indeed. Highly so, in fact.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters and Swords member
11,165 Posts
Dutch, I think if you re-read the story that Dedicated Dad posted it does not give the perp's race, or at least I didn't see it. I didn't realize that you were trying to make a point with your question. No matter what race, anyone that would kill a 12 year old girl is truly savage!

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
I don't think the use of Feral was a racial slur,I did'nt pick that up anyway,rather that they are a bunch of animals for doing what they did.They certainly are that.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Dutch, I think if you re-read the story that Dedicated Dad posted it does not give the perp's race, or at least I didn't see it. I didn't realize that you were trying to make a point with your question. No matter what race, anyone that would kill a 12 year old girl is truly savage!

True, the article made no mention of race, but the video accompanying the article did....it showed all three perps. No harm, no foul....most likely DD meant no harm either, but it's my job to question questionables. ;)

·
Silver Bullet member
28,827 Posts
Telling paragraphs from the article, to show why we as a society are doomed

Meanwhile, counselors were at New Century Middle School, where Emily was in the seventh grade, on Monday to help students cope with her death. Students spent the day writing letters and making a banner, bracelets and bouquets of flowers.

"Mostly, we just want to make sure the students are feeling safe, that they're feeling comfortable, that they can go on through the grief process," Principal Cindy Holland said. "(Counselors are) doing a lot to get the emotions from these children out."
1. The job of a school is to educate students, not make them feel safe

2. If anything, this is a lesson in how precarious life can be and how barbaric it is to murder someone.

3. Kids need to toughen up and look at this as the will of a higher being, that their job is to be vigilant that the same thing doesn't happen to them, and that they need to lobby the local D.A. to make sure justice is served.

They should all write letters to the prosecutor to be read aloud during the penalty phase, and I think there should be at least a couple of field trips to the courthouse to sit quietly in the gallery. It would also be a good time to write legislators about getting tough on criminals (and hopefully not be used by liberal educators to lobby for more gun laws).

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Telling paragraphs from the article, to show why we as a society are doomed

1. The job of a school is to educate students, not make them feel safe

2. If anything, this is a lesson in how precarious life can be and how barbaric it is to murder someone.

3. Kids need to toughen up and look at this as the will of a higher being, that their job is to be vigilant that the same thing doesn't happen to them, and that they need to lobby the local D.A. to make sure justice is served.

They should all write letters to the prosecutor to be read aloud during the penalty phase, and I think there should be at least a couple of field trips to the courthouse to sit quietly in the gallery. It would also be a good time to write legislators about getting tough on criminals (and hopefully not be used by liberal educators to lobby for more gun laws).

If my kids are in a school I sure as hell want them to BE safe and whatever a school does to accomplish that is just fine. And making them FEEL safe is part and parcel toward the grieving process.

The will of a higher being, God told them to do it??? That had nothing to do with it! These are cold calculating sociopathic killers, not "feral" in the least. They knew EXACTLY what they intended to do and where not acting on wild instinct. "Toughen Up"??? These are children for chrissake and just as adults, they are allowed to grieve and should. "Doomed"??? We are? Yeah right, they got caught didn't they?

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I certainly hope it is not a racial reference.
Dr. King dreamed of a day when his "children will be judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin."

These ferals have clearly demonstrated their character, and their skin has nothing to do with it.

As it should be.

DD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts