Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, first of all, I've noticed a lot of "same as____" statements involving FEG.

"The PA-63 is a commercial version of the AP9" for example.

Here's questions...

1.) Heres what I have (.380 also known as 9mm short) Is this an AP9 or AP9S or what? I thought this site where this pic is from means I have an AP9

http://www.sunblest.net/gun/FegAP9.htm

2.) I want to change the trigger strength and the recoil spring to something better, like Wolf Springs. All I see are parts for the PA-63, are these parts the same? at least the recoil spring? My guess says no.

3.) Now I know theres a .32 version of the .380 thats also an AP9, then I see theres an APK.

Is this what I have? I have that South African Police Service logo thats in the pic above but this looks like my gun as well from the other side.

4.) All in all what do I have and where can I get a recoil spring thats better because this one is prone to jamming. I could ditch it and move on but Im not droppng any cash and my PT92 is my primary weapon. This is sort of for fun/range. (temp carry until I can afford something better). I like the fact that I can spend a small amount and improve the spring and mabye fix the jamming issue. Also I would love to improve my trigger pull, its like an 78342309lb trigger.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Patience is often rewarded, it is afterall the holiday. Perhaps the person who can answer is spending time with family rather than surfing the net. You have bumped this one time and now chaged the bump to this all since posting originally yesterday morn, patience grasshopper.

Since this is the there is the Mak board there is the possiblity however that no one might know, you might try the Littman modern handgun board also. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the PA-63 and the .32 variant, and I replaced the recoil springs in both with Wolff springs and they do function more reliably. I put the 11 lb. in the .32,and the 13 lb. in the 9x18 Makarov PA-63. I can't be certain yet, but it looks like about all the fussy little bits are interchangable. A detailed strip all the way down to the frame with a serious cleaning helps a bunch. I am not noticing the "Gawd-awful" trigger pull people snarl about, but like all things, its a question of what you are accustomed to. As for shortening the trigger travel, I can't imagine how without a custom build trigger bar or sear, and either would cost more than the pistol itself.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Regarding the ones in 32 ACP that showed up on the US market within the last year or so: which police/militaries used them? Does anyone know if some of these posssibly went to the DDR? I always thought the Hungarians used the 9x18 Makarov version but now I'm beginning to think that they may have used the 32 chambering as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.