Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one help I am trying to find out more about the FED made scopes they appear to have only been made for three years. The are only a few differences from the progress made scopes like the two screws on the ocular but as I have only ever seen one scope up close is this the only difference and the fact that there is no alpha prefix to the scope serial number. Any scope numbers and years would be helpful as there are no production figures for 1938.
Paul

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet Member
603 Posts
Paul, these scopes were approved for production at FED factory on 5th of October 1938. It was planed to produce only 200 scopes that year. It's not known how many were actualy made.
You should have the numers of production for 1939 and 1940 in the grid from the article.
The total number of FED made scopes is slightly under 15K.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
I may have one. I'll check for you Paul to see if the serials are close.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,399 Posts
you are correct FED's straight cut while Progress is diamond cut, also the recoil ring is smaller on the FED. Any serial numbers and dates would be good.
Paul
I have one on a 1942 MO marked ex-PEM rifle, 1939 No03983. A 1940 dated one No17700 (the second 7 is corroded a bit) & A 1939 dated No04244. May have a couple more on rifles in my son's safe; will check...

·
Platinum Bullet Member
603 Posts
Since we are having a little FED party here, I will kick in with a few of my own pictures.
As it turned out from Paul's pictures of screws and Anton's pictures of knobs, I have a FED scope as well.
It was deeply corroded in some places. The only visible markings were the year of production - 1939 and partial SN.
Auto part Cylinder
Optical instrument Monocular

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,399 Posts
Just checked the safe; no more FEDs. I didn't know I had these until this thread appeared...Always something new to learn here...:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.