Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been asked a couple times on my recovery from my accident last fall, and here's pics....
a bit of shoe goo and im still wearing the same boots. LOL............
but man! out of shape. this is my 'morning quickie' hunt. i used to pedal all the way up (as of last year) but had to walk almost half way!
i went to 'bear scratch cove' where the bears scratch the trees come spring.... and that damn beaver was at work again.
ruined my area. oh well. check out the 'PC' way they tried to stop the beaver chewing the trees. my state is umpty ump billion in the hole and this is the game management? it was so stupid it was funny. they tried to cover the trees and put plastic pipes to get the Crick goin and ole busy beaver just dammed it all up again. hell it would have been cheaper to have a dude with a colts pistol a waiting for the beav to chew down and blam. but no... we gotta spend all kinds of money we dont have. whatever. almost got the dog my self with my 1883 smith and wesson .32. heard em make the slapping noise with their tail on the water, and couldn't catch $hit.
did see a wapiti deer tho. this is a spike. say 450-550 Lb. bit skinny after the winter.
question. i know the pic stinks, but what is the track (finger pointing) to small for bear less cub and i didn't see larger.
i did see some claw marks (you can just see em) now coug usually dont show claw, but this was muddy. hummmmm..
off to the range..........
enjoy
Sol

Attachments

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Beaver is the best meat Ive ever eaten. Seriously it is better than deer meat any day. Took a ziploc baggy full of beaver I had fried up and was eating on it through out the day. While I was out of my truck this smartass decides to jump in and grab a handful. After he had him a big mouthful I said "how do you like that rodent?" He promptly spit it out and started gagging. Very easy to skin and very tender. My father says they use to put the tail in the oven then put it in beans like bacon. i didnt care to try the tail but the beaver itself is like a cross between squirrel and rabbit. I love it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.