Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The scope is a LEAPERS Lighted ACCU SCOPE. All I know about the scope mount is that it is a STANAG type mount.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
you did real good, papa. i especially like the bottom one, but i never met a FAL i did'nt like.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How solid is that scope mount? I put a Tapco mount on mine and it wobbled so much that I put the stock dust cover back on. I couldnt see the point in haveing a scope when the mount was so loose that it rattled when you shook the gun.

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
FYI the mount is an Argentine type of STANAG for the FAL.
It is IMHO the best mount made, rock solid & bolted to a reinforced double-wall receiver dust cover.
'course that makes it heavy, but it does hold zero, even with a 5Lb night-vision scope fitted..

·
Administrator
17,980 Posts
What is the brand name of the mount and where can they be found?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
FAL? Did someone whisper FAL? I like your STGs; who made them?

I have three; the Israeli standard barrel needs to go to range, I haven't had a chance to shoot it since I got it.

The top gun is equipped with a DSA 20" heavy barrel, Weapons Art stock and grip; the chamber has been cut for match grade ammo. I have shot MOA at 100 yds with it before the screw for the rear scope mount came loose - oops no loctite. This was built using a Century Imbel receiver.

Middle gun is a standard barrel Israeli gun built on a DSA Type II receiver, with all Israeli parts and an M1 Belgium barrel supposedly an all correct gun. It came with the bayonet that when mounted to the gun doubles as a flash hider. I traded a Colt Combat Elite 1911 and a Benelli M3 Super 90 (I was $1,500 into both guns) for the Izzy. The last gun is a standard Imbel semi-auto gun on a never used before Century R1 receiver.

All three guns were built by the same local builder; top and bottom were built on kits from The Gun Parts Guy that I ordered.

I just have to share my FALs whenever someone else shows theirs; I think the FAL is one of the greatest MBRs ever made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts