Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I've only seen a couple of those longer India SLR bayonets but this is the first I've seen with a sawback. Kind of cool looking. From what I gather the correct scabbard is either a longer version of the No5 or a shorter version of their leather '07 type.

The first bayonet isn't a fake. It's simply misidentified. However it's misidentified to the tune of about $120 in the sellers favor!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you;re not missing anything A square 10 - i originally posted it as an ebay link but it came up as a picture

the seller is selling an SLR bayonet and saying it is a no.5 bayonet

sorry for the confusion

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
The seller is ignorant, the bayonet is not a fake, appears to be for the L1A1 to me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That third photo is of Border Security Force (a paramilitary force) jawans on parade.These are working camels used to patrol the border with Pakistan in the Indian states of Rajasthan and Gujrat.The decorations on the camels are traditionally used in these two states.The Indian army is one of the,if not the most colourful armies when on parade:)

The bayonet with the saw teeth is an obvious fake,as has already been pointed out.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
How can the bayonet with teeth be a 'fake'; if such never existed, it must be a 'modification'?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
the sawtooth does appear to be attached to the flash supressor of an SLR tho ,

i think the first is perhaps an L1A1 , but the markings [or lack there of] are not visible , somethings not looking right about the scabord tho but that may just be the photo and my old eyes

the indian forces are quite colorfull , and as john pointed out thats a well trained force on parade

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.